Pawsitively Perfect Pet: Level One
Level One is the entry level training program we offer for older dogs. Dogs will learn our basic "language" for training to build confidence and engagement skills. Dogs must be over 12 months of age.
- Name recognition
- Reward System of praise and food
- Engagement Skills (drive to learn, common verbal language, cues, shaping and luring)
- Kennel/Crate acclimatizing
- Vehicle acclimatizing
- Build Chasing Skills (precursor to toy introductions)
- Body Awareness Skills (stairs, uneven surfaces, etc)
- Intro to Markers
- Grooming (Dry grooming with breed appropriate basic grooming tools. Advanced "full" grooming options available as add on services). One full bath, sanitary trims, and blow dry included in board n train price.
- Foundation Leash Work (accepting collar and leash, learning how to relieve leash pressure, follow me games)
- Foundation Off Leash Work (learning to "satellite" around handler, puppy recalls, introduction to simple distractions)
- Sit by Default (learn to offer this behavior for praise/treats as a default behavior
- Restraint/Compliance Training (learn to accept handling, restraint, and positioning without struggle in order to catch, trim nails, veterinary exam, etc)
- Routine veterinarian supervised vaccinations, worming, and basic care/check ups.
- Household Socialization (appropriately behaved adults, children, dogs, other pets as well as nonbiological items such as televisions, washing machines, vehicles, lawnmowers, vacuums, etc)