Power Puppy Program: Level One
P3:L1 is the entry level training program we offer. Puppies will learn our basic "language" for training to build confidence and engagement skills. Puppies must be between 8 weeks and 12 months of age.
- Name recognition
- Reward System of praise and food
- Engagement Skills (drive to learn, common verbal language, cues, shaping and luring)
- Kennel/Crate acclimatizing
- Vehicle acclimatizing
- Build Chasing Skills (precursor to toy introductions)
- Body Awareness Skills (stairs, uneven surfaces, etc)
- Intro to Markers
- Grooming (Dry grooming with breed appropriate basic grooming tools. Advanced "full" grooming options available as add on services). One full bath, sanitary trims, and blow dry included in board n train price.
- Foundation Leash Work (accepting collar and leash, learning how to relieve leash pressure, follow me games)
- Foundation Off Leash Work (learning to "satellite" around handler, puppy recalls, introduction to simple distractions)
- Sit by Default (learn to offer this behavior for praise/treats as a default behavior
- Restraint/Compliance Training (learn to accept handling, restraint, and positioning without struggle in order to catch, trim nails, veterinary exam, etc)
- Routine veterinarian supervised vaccinations, worming, and basic care/check ups.
- Household Socialization (appropriately behaved adults, children, dogs, other pets as well as nonbiological items such as televisions, washing machines, vehicles, lawnmowers, vacuums, etc)